Community Mental Wellness Association of Canada is proud to announce the launch of four (4) x $500 bursaries to be awarded to Grade 12 students in Vancouver and Richmond school districts who will be attending post-secondary education in the Lower Mainland.
Don't Wait. Apply Now.
Please find the following requirements listed below for the 2021 CMWAC Student Bursary Application.
The following criteria are to be considered when completing the application:
- Students who are currently Canadian citizens or are permanent resident.
- Students must be graduating Grade 12 by August 31st, 2021 from a Richmond or Vancouver school district school
- Students who will be attending post-secondary education in Lower Mainland
- Intent to pursue a career in the mental health or health sciences field and display passion for mental health and wellness.
- Consideration will be given to CMWAC members and students experiencing financial hardship
- All applicants will have the opportunity to volunteer at CMWAC
- The winners may be required to come to a presentation of the bursary at a fundraising event.
- Bursary application form (please download form using this link)
- Personal statement
- Copy of latest report card
- Proof of enrolment to a post-secondary school
- Two letters of reference
Details on the personal statement include:
- The essay should contain 500-700 words. Entries may be typed.
- The topic will be “You(th) & Mental Health”.
- A paragraph about their hobbies, social activities, and volunteer opportunities.
- A paragraph about their experience and/or passion for mental health.
Completed applications with all the required documents should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and applications will be accepted until further notice.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.